This is the perfect activity for all kids. This is a great sensory activity for kids with autism too! This sensory building activity is good for toddlers, preschool and even school aged kids. It is so very easy and will fascinate and capture your child’s attention all afternoon! We did this as a family but my son especially moved feeling the textures created with this experiment.
How to make this Corn Starch Magic:
- Corn Starch
- Measuring Cup & Spoons
- bowls (clear ones are best)
Step 1. Pour 1 cup of corn starch in each bowl
Step 2. Slowly add a table spoon of water at a time
Step 3. Enjoy!
This experiment is so cool! The mixture turns hard as it sits in the bowl. As you pick it up it molds and turns to a goo or slime type texture. Then watch as it turns to liquid!
Ideas to Try :
- Pick up the hard mixture and roll into a ball in your hands. Your child will feel it harden and form a solid ball. Then open his hand and watch it turn into a gooey texture and then into liquid!
- Let him place his hand into the mixture. The mixture will mold to his hand as a liquid and turn to a solid. But no fear, as he lifts his hand up it will turn to liquid again!
- Let him pour it on you!
- Let him enjoy the feel of the mixture as he plays with the mixture and feels as the texture changes.
- Use kitchen items like spoons and cups to play with the magical mixture.
- Add food coloring and create fun colors.
- Put parts in a Ziploc bag and watch it move.