Another sensory friendly film is scheduled to be shown this Saturday, July 2, 2011 at all AMC Theaters nationwide. For those who don’t know it yet, the Autism Society and AMC Theaters arrange for a special movie screening every month for children who have been diagnosed with autism as well as their families.
Unlike regular screenings, Sensory Friendly films do not follow the usual theater rules to help make it a pleasant and stress-free movie experience for the child and his family. Here are some of the things that you can expect from a Sensory Friendly Film:
- Theaters will be brighter than usual as the movie theater will be lighted up. Children who are afraid of the dark will find this very comforting.
- The movie will start on time and no movie previews will be shown prior to the movie. Your child will not have to sit down through movie previews and advertisements.
- The audio of the movie will be toned down to a comfortable level to make it more pleasant for children who are sensitive to loud sounds.
- Children and their family are free to walk around while watching the movie. They will be free to talk, shout or sing. All this will be tolerated unless the safety of the movie goers are in question.
- All movie goers are welcome to bring in their own gluten-free and casein-free snacks.
The movie which is scheduled to be shown on July 2nd is Cars 2. This is a sequel to the highly popular Cars that Pixar made in 2006. Like all other Pixar movies, Cars 2 is visually appealing with its stream of vibrant colors.
In this movie, Lightning McQueen returns to Radiator Springs bringing with him his recent championship trophy, the 4th Piston cup. He then invited his best friend, Mater, the tow truck, as well as his other friends from Radiator Springs to watch him compete in the first ever World Grand Prix to determine the world’s fastest car. Their journey takes an exciting turn as Mater gets caught up in an intriguing adventure of his own where his espionage skills are put to the test.
This special screening starts at 10am local time and the cost of tickets are between $4 to $6 depending on the location of the AMC Theatre.